In order to assure high practice standards to comply with the licensing requirements of the Mental Health Laws, Artistic Affirmations Counseling strives to meet the professional standards of psychology.
In addition, Artistic Affirmations Counseling maintains clinical records, professional training, and supervision to ensure that the counseling services provided are of high quality.
As part of your participation in counseling with me, I am taking this opportunity to make you aware of the state law (WAC 246-810-031) that requires mental health counselors to disclose professional information about themselves and the techniques they use to assist you in treatment.
The cost per session is identified on the Participation Agreement/Fees and the Financial Agreement.
If you have any questions regarding the information in this Disclosure Statement, understand you may call Artistic Affirmations Counseling at 253.722.4292.
Information pertaining to the counselor you will be seeing:
- Counselor's Name:
- Leanne M. Perez, MA LMFT/AT
- Washington Registration:
- Associate #LF 60209922
- Education, Training, Experience:
- Master's degree in Psychology/Child, Couple, and Family Therapy/Art Therapy from Antioch University, Seattle, WA.
- Bachelor's degree in Education/Psychology from The Evergreen State College, Tacoma, WA.
- Child and Family clinician at Greater Lakes Mental Healthcare, Lakewood, WA.
- Extensive experience working as an advocate for children and adolescents in both school and after school programs.
- Active member in the LGBTQ community.
- Type of Counseling Provided:
- Individual, family and group counseling and case management.
- Methods and Techniques Used:
- I use an artistic lens and affirmations of Art Therapy within the framework of Family Systems Theory.
- In addition I incorporate several therapeutic techniques including:
- Solution Focused
- Motivational Interviewing
- Trauma Focused
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy